Language support for the legal affairs and technical department
Telefónica S.A. is a multinational Spanish telecommunication services operator company with headquarters in Madrid, Spain, and as of July 2016 it is the fifth most important and greatest telecommunication company in the world. Since 2011, we have assisted in the management and English and Spanish translation of its legal and technical contents.
Since the beginning of 2011, our client, Telefónica from Spain, has trusted FTG the translation, mostly from Spanish into English, of different types of documents, such as:
- Service supply agreements.
- Internal process regulation.
- Audit reports.
- Newsletters and notifications to the staff.
- Training contents for the company’s staff.
- Translation of institutional videos.
- Translation of technical forms for equipment service and maintenance.
The total translated volume is around 1,000,000 words through the translation platform Wordbee to speed the translation process and ensure linguistic consistency and coherence at all times.
To comply with the client’s demands, some actions were adopted that contributed to a better translation quality and a unified tone in the message, to wit:
- Assignment of a Project Manager
- Creation of a common translation memory where all finished translations were stored
- Creation of a glossary
- Drafting of a style guide
- More than 5 years translating contents of marketing for Fluke Corporation.
- More than 2,000,000 translated words from English into Latin American Spanish and back translation.
- Permanent team of 15 translators specialized in the field.
- 4 key resources for the success of this account: Unified Translation Memory, Glossary approved by the client, Style Guide approved by the client, dedicated PM.