5 Reasons Why it is Important to Hire an Interpreter for an Immigration Interview
If you are attending an immigration interview and are not completely comfortable with spoken English, it is a good idea to consider choosing an expert.
Getting into a new country can be difficult, so making the right impression on the immigration officer during the immigration interview can be crucial to the success of the interview. Government offices may have someone who can understand your language and help translate to a degree, but they will not have the time or bandwidth to remain with you for the duration of your interview.
You will require professional help so that you can have a successful outcome at your immigration interview.
Here are five reasons why you should hire an interpreter for your upcoming immigration interview:
- You need a neutral professional who can represent the facts. Many people who come into immigration interviews make the mistake of bringing in a friend, neighbor or a relative to help with their depositions. They do this believing that it will help them to save money. Unfortunately, the truth is that a person who is part of your daily life may have a personal stake in not helping you to be truly successful. You will need to use the services of a professional who is neutral and can represent you in the best light.
- An experienced interpreter can help you to understand the language better. People can get confused with the difference between an outright translator and an interpreter. A translator merely helps with converting text from one language into another, whereas an interpreter can transfer the complete meaning of what is stated. It is important to, therefore, select an experienced person who can provide professional interpretation services that can give you the vital comprehension you need of what is being asked at the interview, to better clarify it.
- The interpreter will be available for the entire duration of the interview. Another reason against choosing a friend to accompany you to an immigration services interview is that the timing may not work out for them. Everyone has busy lives and may have taken out time from their workday or time away from kids to help. However, it’s common knowledge that an interview can go on for longer than anticipated, leading to your friend having to leave you to yourself halfway through the process. With a professional interpreter, you are securing their time for the entire interview, no matter how long it may take.
- It’s one way of adding a professional touch to your interview. Another reason it is a good idea to go in for a professional interpreter’s services is that this is the best way to ensure that they have no criminal records and are legal citizens. You can ask the agency to confirm this for your own satisfaction as this is vital to having your immigration interview go smoothly. Also, the mere fact that you are dealing with a professional comes with some confidence and your chances of passing the interview are greatly increased.
- Interpreters add to your overall image. First impressions at any interview are important and even more so at an immigration interview. Choosing an interpreter who dresses appropriately for the interview and plays their role with confidence is paramount. As they are professionals, they will behave themselves professionally and act as a mirror reflection of your own attributes and abilities.
Flix Translations Group offers the services of professional and trustworthy interpreters who can assist you at each stage of the immigration interview process. With offices in Coral Gables, Miami, Florida, Flix Translations Group LLC has the right expertise to offer you with all the language support you would require during your immigration interview. Contact us today to get a free quotation for interpreter services for your appointment.
(305) 760 4751
miami at flixtranslations.com